If you are planning to appear for the JEE Main Examination then before that there so many things that you are required to acknowledge. JEE MAIN stands for Joint Entrance Examination. It is the national level engineering examination commenced by the CBSE in New Delhi. It is a gateway for those who are seeking admission in various government and private engineering colleges situated in India.
The JEE Main Application Form 2020 will be released by NTA through online mode only. There will be no provision to fill the application form via offline mode. It is important to ensure that all credentials are correct for the application to be accepted. The exam will be held in online and offline mode. Below we aim to provide you the complete description about JEE Main Application Form 2020 eligibility, steps to fill the application form and many more.
– It is necessary for the candidates to clear standard 12th examination/ qualifying examination.
– 12th with the core 5 subjects should be done in order to be eligible for JEE Main 2020.
– Candidates must qualify the intermediate standard with PCM subjects.
– Though there is no provision for minimum marks obtained.
– The candidate must have scored at least the passing marks.
– Those who had passed or appeared in the higher secondary examination in 2019 and 2020 will also eligible to apply.
– Candidates appearing in the final examination of 12th in 2020 can also fill the form.
– Diploma holders will be eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020.
– They are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced but the scores of – – – JEE Main score will not be taken into consideration for admission.
– Candidate must fall on or after 01 October 1994 (for general candidates).
– 01, October 1989 for SC, ST and PWD category is the minimum date.
– Relaxation of 5 years shall be offered in the upper age limit of SC/ST & PWD candidates. It means the DOB must fall on or after 1st October 1989).
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern:
There is slight variation in the way JEE Main 2020 has been structured in paper 1 and paper. The exam pattern for JEE Main Paper one. In the exam, there’ll come a total of ninety queries, with thirty queries on Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
The JEE Main 2020 is 3 hours’ exam. There will solely be objective queries within the examination with a total of 4 options for you to choose from. The student should answer a particular question at a certain time.
1) Number of Questions: In Paper I, the question paper can incorporates a complete of ninety queries. Whereas, in Paper II the question paper can contain a complete of eighty two queries.
2) Type of Questions: The queries in each the papers are going to be of objective type. However, the drawing test of paper II can contain subjective type.
3) Language Medium: The question paper are going to be available in English, Hindi, Gujarati state languages.
4) Time Duration: The time period to complete the paper are going to be of three hours. extra time of one hour are going to be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
5) Total Marks: Paper i’ll be of total 360 marks. whereas paper II are going to be of total 390 marks.
6) Marking Scheme: Four marks are going to be given for each correct answer. One mark are going to be subtracted for every incorrect answer.
7) Exam Mode: The examination are going to be organized in each on-line (computer-based) and offline (pen and paper-based) mode for paper one.
Paper two is going to be conducted in offline mode solely.
Type of queries (Paper 1): The question paper can comprise of objective type queries.
Type of queries (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section are going to be of objective type queries, and drawing test are going to be subjective.
8) Duration: The total exam period is going to be 3 hours.
9) Medium: The question paper is going to be asked in English and Hindi language for all exam cities and English, Hindi and Gujarati languages for exam cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
10) Marking Scheme: Four marks are going to be provided for each correct answer.
11) Negative Marking: One mark are going to be subtracted for each incorrect answer.
JEE Main 2020 Important Dates:
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||JANUARY 2020||APRIL 2020|
|Online Application form Availability||03rd SEP 2019||07th FEB 2020|
|Last date to Submit application Form||30th SEP 2019||7th MAR 2020|
|Last date to pay application fee||1st Week of OCT 2019||1st Week of MAR 2020|
|Application form rectification||2nd Week of OCT 2019||2nd Week of MAR 2020|
|Admit Card can be downloaded on||6th DEC 2019||16th MAR 2020|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam Date||6th – 11th JAN 2020||3rd to 09th APR 2020|
|Answer Key will uploaded on||3rd Week JAN 2020||3rd Week APR 2020|
|Announcement of Results||31st JAN 2020||30th APR 2020|