Want to pursue your career in engineering? The only gateway to get through the top tier colleges is JEE exams. JEE Main 2021 will be conducted by NTA in the months of January 2021 and April 2021. Admissions into various engineering and architectural institutes will be offered on the basis of mains score. Candidates qualifying the mains will also become eligible for appearing in JEE advanced. Clearing both main and advanced exam is mandatory for admissions into IITs. The interested and eligible candidates can appear in the JEE Main 2021 by submitting their online applications.
Here are few things to do from the starting to achieve your goal of cracking the JEE exam.
1) Know everything about the JEE mains 2021 exam
a) Highlights of JEE Main 2021
– The complete process of JEE Main, from application and exam to the result will be online.
– Candidates are advised to keep all the important documents such as Aadhaar, debit/ card, credit card, scanned photograph, signature, etc ready before starting the application process.
– Application form must be submitted online and no hard copy will be accepted.
– The applicants must ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam.
– Candidates submitting their application on time will be able to download their admit card and appear for exam.
– Any query related to application form or admit card should be communicated to NTA helpline.
b) Exam Pattern
– Mode of exam: Online (except B.Arch drawing test)
– Duration of exam: 3 hours
– Medium of exam: English, Hindi and Gujarati
– Type of questions: Objective type (except B.Arch drawing test)
– Marking scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer
– Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer
The syllabus for JEE Main will be based on the curriculum of class 11th and 12th. An overview of the same is given below:
Mathematics : Sets, Relations And Functions, Complex Numbers And Quadratic Equations, Matrices And Determinants, Permutations And Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Sequence & Series, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, etc
Physics : Physics And Measurement, Kinematics, Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy And Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects Of Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Thermodynamics, Electronic Devices, Communication System, etc
Chemistry : Some Basic Concepts In Chemistry, States Of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox Reaction & Thermo-chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen, s & p-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc
Arch/ B.Plan Aptitude Test : Awareness of Persons, Places, Buildings, Design & Drawing of Geometrical Shapes, Generation of Plan, Elevation & 3D Views of Objects, Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability, Three-Dimensional Perception, Sketching of Scenes, etc
2) Make notes for each chapter
For every chapter of JEE syllabus, you can make handy notes during preparation so, and that it is easier to revise in last few days remaining for the exam.
3) Value for quality over quantity
Instead of taking all topics at a time, you need to take concepts from each chapter one by one. This will make your understanding better as you won’t be confused and will take less time with organised learning approach.
4) Previous year question papers
Students should practice JEE Main question papers for at least past 5 years because it will help them estimate the type of question and weightage as well for each section of the test paper.
5) Give equal importance to class 11 and class 12 subjects (syllabus)
This is no hidden fact that, JEE Main question paper is based on the syllabus of class 11 as well as class 12. The weightage ratio of JEE Main question paper is either 40:60 or 60:40 for class 11 and class 12 but the ratio can be 50:50 as well. So, students need to study from the syllabus of both classes with equal importance.
6) Rejoice your studies and preparation
Don’t take stress while preparation of JEE Main rather you should enjoy and approach the exam positively. If you take the exam as a burden or obligation than you won’t be able to put your best efforts and will be stressed about it. Stress will have a negative impact and you will be prone to anxiety attacks about JEE Main results and won’t be able to perform better.
7) Coaching Institute
IIT JEE Coaching institute play most important role in shaping the career of the students. There is huge difference between studying in schools and coaching centres. Schools are the first place where students start learning. But when time comes of preparation for entrance examinations there are only institutes which help the students in better preparation. There are many more benefits of learning in institutes because you get individual attention of the experts.
8) Solve indefinite practice papers
Last formula for success in JEE Main exam in the first attempt is by taking/solving as many as practice papers as possible. The more you practice, the more your speed and accuracy of solving the questions improves. Also, if you are taking a computer-based test of JEE Main then you must take the online mock test as many as possible, this way you will gain experience of attempting online paper on a real-time basis.